Peking Ducks

As I mentioned in one of my earlier tales, I have a particular investment property located in the “ChinaTown” district of Manchester city centre. I have two properties in the same block, both bought at the same time, for roughly the same price, but one property has always has been jinxed.

(SeePekingDucks) and you’ll get the picture.

I purchased a rather up market apartment in a real trendy part of Manchester City Centre. It had stunning bathrooms, fantastic views (or so I thought) a high spec finish all round – the sort of thing any young “YUPPIE” would aspire to live in.

I’d viewed the property a couple of times prior to completing on it and in the excitement of purchasing yet another property, I forgot the golden rule and committed the cardinal sin (please forgive me, Phil and Kirstie) of ……..Location, location, location.

It was only after I had completed on the property and I went to measuring up for window blinds that the problem surfaced…….looking out of the lounge window, two floors up was a whole rack of Peking ducks, literally 20 feet away on the other side of what was a very narrow street.

Yes, the view from my buy to let apartment, faced directly into the kitchen of the world famous ‘Yang Sing’ restaurant. Not the most inspiring view unless you are hungry.

Luckily for me, my window dressing expert suggested that she could put an opaque sheet film on the window to obscure the view….so, thankfully, at a total cost of £78.93 the problem was sorted.

Lesson Learned:

Before committing to the purchase of a property, visit it at different times of the day, and be aware of who your new potential neighbours are.

regards

The Buy To Let Landlord