The Richest Man in Babylon By George S. Clason

The Richest Man In Babylon
Although this book was written in the 1920’s many of the “parables” referred to in the test are still highly relevant today. Originally it was written as a series of short informational style pamphlets and in 1927 was collated into a book.

I’m not a big fan of books written like this normally but if you can put this aside then there are some extremely valuable lessons to be learned.

The book has been a best seller for many years and is certainly one I’d put on my list to read if you are any way interested in self improvement and financial independence. Over 2m copies have been sold over the years so its stood the test of time in various economic climates.

The book, although basic in places, teaches some important financial planning and personal wealth “parables”.

Based on biblical style writing (don’t let this put you off) the text is based around 11 key parables that each have one or two key points based on helping the reader get financially ahead.
It’s extremely easy to read (the book is around 150 pages in length).

PROS: If you love stories rather than fact based reading then this would certainly be a book I’d highly recommend.

CONS: My main criticism is the way the author tries to write in authentic biblical style writing which on occasion gets a lit tedious and sometimes unbelievable. A few of the stories are a bit weak